Happy Presidents Day, Regent's Park! If you're looking for a fun way to celebrate in the Northern Virginia or DC areas, here are some great ideas.
- Visit the Lincoln Memorial. President Abraham Lincoln is one of the four presidents with birthdays in February, hence the reason behind Presidents' Day. Visit his famous memorial in DC to pay your respects.
- Explore Old Town Alexandria. Wander around Alexandria, the site of many important ports during during the colonial, revolutionary and Civil War periods.
- Celebrate George Washington's Birthday at Mount Vernon. George Washington is yet another president who was born in February, so visit his Mount Vernon home to wander the 500-acre grounds, enjoy live music, take in historic demonstrations and enjoy a wreath-laying ceremony.
- Visit a Civil War reenactment. Head to Old Town Alexandria for a Civil War reenactment at various times throughout the day. The Fort Ward Museum hosts these demonstrations all day on Presidents' Day.
- Visit Madame Tussauds US Presidents Gallery. Want to feel like you're in the presence of presidents? Visit the incredibly realistic US Presidents Gallery at Madame Tussauds wax museum!