Have you heard? Hamilton is coming to DC! The award-winning, record-breaking show is one of the best musicals in the world, but it's not the only incredible performance in the Fairfax area. Here's a list of other great performances that theater buffs will love.
- Hamilton – through September 16, 2018
There are still a few days left to catch the show at the Kennedy Center. Tickets are limited to four per household, and they begin at $199 each. You can purchase tickets online at the Kennedy Center website.
- La Bohème in Concert at the George Mason University Center for the Arts – September 22, 2018
See the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra perform Puccini’s masterpiece La Bohème, a century-old tale of love and loss.
- Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn at the George Mason University Center for the Arts – October 25 – October 28, 2018
This musical is adapted from the classic book by Mark Twain with music and lyrics by Roger Miller. Both suspenseful and heartwarming, this is an all-American tale for the ages.
- Anything Goes at the Arena Stage – November 2 – November 14, 2018
Watch Billy win back his true love aboard the SS American in this beloved musical by Tony Award winning composer Cole Porter.
- Beautiful: The Carole King Musical at the National Theatre – opens November 27, 2018
Tony Award and Academy Award nominee Douglas McGrath wrote the book for this award-winning musical detailing the life and songs of Carole King.